Info for Festival-Goers
Saturday, September 2nd
Festival Hours 11:00am - 10::00pm
Family Village Hours 11:30am-8:00pm
Sunday, September 3rd
Festival Hours 1:00pm - 10:00pm
Family Village Hours 1:30pm-8:00pm
The 2017 African American Culture Festival will take place in the heart of Downtown Raleigh -- along Fayetteville Street, from Martin Street through City Plaza.
The Sheraton Raleigh is our official hotel. Sitting within the Festival footprint, it affords guests a convenient location from which to experience all the Festival has to offer.
Directions from I-40
Take exit 298B, South Saunders Street, going North toward downtown Raleigh. South Saunders Street becomes McDowell Street as you enter the downtown area. The festival is two blocks east of the corner of McDowell and Davie Streets.
Parking decks and surface lots surround the downtown area. City-owned lots and decks will be open all weekend, although a small daily fee may be charged. State government visitor lots are typically available for free parking during weekends. For more information about parking in and around downtown Raleigh, visit the Downtown Raleigh Alliance's website. The free R-Line Downtown Circulator bus can also help you get around downtown.
Tips for Attending the Festival:
- Please feel free to bring your own Lawn Chairs to the festival, especially if you'd like a seat near the stages. Of course, we welcome everyone to get up and dance!
- Please watch the weather forecast and plan accordingly. There is no rain venue, so please bring umbrellas or raincoats if necessary.
- Please note: Private coolers and alcoholic beverages not purchased from the festival concession are not permitted.
- Well behaved dogs are welcome, but please be respectful of other audience members. At times, the festival site can be very busy and may not be suitable for some animals.
- It can be very hot Labor Day weekend and this is an outside festival - so please stay hydrated! There will be water sold at the festival, but you may also bring your own water bottle.